The Pretrial Services Supervision Unit functions as the "eyes" of the Court and monitors felony and misdemeanor clients granted pretrial release, which requires the defendant to comply with court-ordered conditions, such as drug treatment, psychological counseling, stay-away orders, or frequent reporting. For an individual granted pretrial release, a Pretrial Services Officer will be assigned to the case and monitor the individual's progress throughout the adjudication period
Pretrial Services is a less expensive alternative to incarceration and offers additional services.
Pretrial Services works by
- Avoiding needless incarceration of low-risk defendant’s
- Supervising defendants and discouraging pretrial misconduct
- Ensuring Court Appearances
- Breaking the cycle of criminality through early intervention
- Increasing jail space for defendants with more serious charges