getting through Security
When you enter the Fulton County Courthouse Complex, you will be asked to walk through a metal detector and an officer may use a wand to check for prohibited items. You should allow the officer to search any bags, packages, or personal belongings that will be taken into the court. If you refuse to cooperate, you may be denied entry to the facility.
In order to facilitate the process, please:
- Take off all coats, jackets, and hats.
- Remove steel-toed boots (other shoes are okay).
- Remove cell phones from pockets, purses, and bags and place them at the bottom of the bin.
- Remove laptops from bags - after passing through security, you will have to turn them to show that they work.
- Walk through the metal detector with your hands at your sides. If the metal detector beeps, you will be checked with a hand-held wand before you may retrieve your belongings.
You are not allowed to bring the following items into the Courthouse Complex. If you have any of these items, they will be confiscated. Some items will not be returned to you. Others will be held until you leave the building. Possession of some items could result in immediate arrest.
If you have any questions or concerns about building security, or if you have an emergency within the Courthouse Complex, please contact the Fulton County Sheriff's Department at (404) 612-5152.